Friday, July 10, 2015

#rockthecrop

Hey y'all!

So last night I was surprised by a magazine clip from O Magazine about crop tops and asking if you could pull them off. 
Now I'm a strong advocate when it comes to crop tops. The majority of my wardrobe consists of crop tops. Not only are there comfortable but they take any outfit to the next level.
I was totally offended by this O Magazine clip not only is it disgraceful but it condones a form of fat shaming that I'm totally against. 
Saying that if my stomach was is flat and only flat that I could wear such crop top or that I could put on a longer shirt under it? Is a insult to the vast audience of all sized women that have been loyal to Oprah and her brand. 
Anybody can pull off a crop top. It's a shirt, it was made to be worn. Ask me if I have a bikini body. I will answer you hell yes. Everyone has the body to wear what ever the hell they please. I don't need the "OK" from O Magazine or any other magazine for that matter. I shouldn't have to feel shame or disgust with myself for not being "flat" because I'm fab. 
The curvy movement is happening one day at a time. We rise and show the world a whole different type of beauty. The beauty that isn't only about clothes and makeup but can be only obtained by self security and overwhelming confidence. 
So to those media bullies, you may continue  to ridicule and try to manipulate our feelings by how we look and dress our bodies. But remember  that every time that you try we turn around and surprise you by showing you and anyone else that you can't get to us.  And that is a promise that doesn't need to be repeated.
Post up those crop top tees, hash tag and show the world that fat shaming is wrong by showing the world our confidence as a united community.

1 comment:

  1. Yes baby! You better work! Do for self, live for self, LOVE THYSELF!!!!!

    ReplyDelete