Saturday, July 4, 2015

The Intro

Hello everyone!
I wanted to really introduce myself to all that took the time to check me out, I really appreciate it. This is my first blog and I want it to be amazing.
So let's start with the beginning my name is Shalee Medina, I'm 28 yrs old my birthday is in December and I'm from a really big family.
I love clothes, I love accessories, I love the chance to reinvent myself every time I get ready for my day. But it wasn't always like that. I hated anything that was pink, girly, and skin tight. I barely combed my hair and I dressed like a boy just sweatpants and boots. This phase was from my early teens to my freshmen year of high school.
Now High school was a something else, all of the girls were made up and dressed up about 80% of the time. And with me in a big family the finances had to be prioritized so there wasn't a new wardrobe every season or a new pair of sneakers every year.  So I didn't have much to go with but that's when I took the opportunity to work and than earn all of my belongings. Which in fact is pretty rewarding.
My style was awkward in the beginning. Just figuring out what size I was, was a challenge.  Trying out size after size for hours would be a total inconvenience so I learned about body types from anywhere I could magazines,  instagram,  curvy sites etc. Learning about styles, patterns, colors, matching, layering, dressing up and dressing down was a huge help. Dressing in a certain size has taught me patience.  You really need patience when it comes to curves because not all curves are the same. 
I had to evolve with being comfortable in my own skin. Being curvy in a predominantly skinny world was hard for me.  Gaining insecurities because I wasn't in the trends or my fit was off so the clothes looked weird held me back. The blame wasn't the other girls, the covers of magazines, the girls in the videos or the girls on those popular shows...... it was me.
I made myself feel like I wasn't good enough because I thought that, that was how I was suppose to feel.  Like there wasn't a curvy revolution or curvy movement back in my teens. There wasn't any inspiration when it came to women my size and shape.  I wasn't  suppose to feel comfortable in my skin because the negativity was suppose to be my "motivation" for future weight loss. 
I had to learn myself that the "motivation" that I needed was to learn how to love myself.  So I had to find my own kind of inspiration.  Throughout the years into my adulthood I've learned that if you feel good then you'll look good. I'm still learning about myself and I'm still falling in love with my curves and being more bold  with how I present my personality and style through my wardrobe. Taking risks with my style and hair has given me a identity and a chance to hopefully be a inspiration to someone else.
I'm totally excited about this journey and I'm ready to show the world what I got.
Looking forward to the glam,

1 comment: